Ten Reasons to Celebrate On Easter
By Bill Shuler
Pastor, Capital Life Church
1. The faith of multiplied millions throughout history rises and falls on an empty tomb.
2. Many have tried, but no one has ever been able to disprove the Resurrection.
3. According to Sports Illustrated, the greatest comeback of all time was Jesus of Nazareth in 33 A.D.
4. Jesus’ disciples were willing to be beaten, imprisoned, and executed for what they witnessed.
5. Jesus fulfilled every Old Testament prophecy foretelling the Resurrection.
6. After His crucifixion and death, the risen Christ made numerous appearances, over 40 days, to over 500 people.
7. The amount of evidence, and the number of witnesses, for the Resurrection would be a slam dunk in a court of law.
8. The Resurrection proves that truth will never be subservient to death.
9. The Resurrection told believers that God brings forth life, not mere rules and regulations.
10. Jesus said, because I live, you will live also.
The true meaning of Easter must never be lost amidst painted eggs and rabbits. Mankind was forever changed, when the angel proclaimed, “He is not here, because He is risen.” It has been said that if the Resurrection is false, the earth has no hope. But if the Resurrection is true, it represents the earth’s only hope.
Following the post were of course the forum comments. There was one that I really liked, written by a user going by the name, "ptemple2k":
ptemple2k says:More comments can be seen at the post referred to above.
April 10, 2009 at 6:48 pm
Ten very good reasons for Easter indeed! You may scoff and may not believe but here is the dilemma. If I am wrong I have nothing to loose; I’ve lived my faith and trusted my God and Savior. But if you are wrong you will find eternity in a very ugly place.
I know the rest of the story; it began with the Resurrection and will see completion with fulfillment of the Book of Revelation. The battle has already been won — Christ has defeated the devil but the spiritual warfare is yet to be completed until Christ’s return.
Times are ugly now but will become more severe with no relief in site.
Pray for those who serve to protect our freedoms and safety; pray for those held captive by terrorists.
Pray that our nation return to One Nation under God and In God We Trust. If we do not do this God’s ears may fall silent as He allows men to succumb to their deeds.
digg this story ~ Submitted by Lizbett