Thursday, January 13, 2011

By the Sea ~ By Victoria Jackson

Marriage and the family unit is the pillar of society. God invented it to be a beautiful, strong thing. Sometimes, I want to run away from mine. They know how to hurt me better than anyone else. But, I will obey God (Proverbs 14:1). He knows best.

Liberals are "redefining" the family. Conservatives are "recommitting" to the family. I'd rather be a conservative.
Victoria Jackson discusses God, family, and Glenn Beck's Mormon religion not being Christian.


By the Sea
VICKI JACKSON
By Victoria Jackson

January 14, 2011 ~ 1:00 am Eastern

© 2011



I'm sitting on the deck of my first cruise ship, looking out at the big, blue sea, listening to its lush loudness, sucking on a Coffee Nip and reading "Just Kids" by Patti Smith. It seems like she is saying that her god is art. On page 11, she has almost a religious experience during her first visit to the Museum of Art in Philadelphia, saying, "I knew I was transformed, moved by the revelation that human beings create art, that to be an artist was to see what others could not." On page 13, she describes her boyfriend, Robert Mapplethorpe, "having broken from his father, leaving his Catholic, commercial and military options behind in the wake of LSD and a commitment to live for art alone." On page 48, she says, "His service was to art, not to church or country."

It sounds strangely like the New Age–human secularist philosophy, "man is god."

Augusten Burroughs, one of my favorite writers, describes his mother as worshiping art. I love art. I melt in a museum. I try to paint, write poetry, write music. I can understand the passion, but we must worship the Creator, not the creation. Just as the Earth devotees like Gore and animal fanatics like PETA must worship the Creator, not the creation. Sex is god to some. God created sex. God is so awesome to give us these marvelous gifts; food, wine, the beauty of nature, the animals, music, creativity, art, talent, friendship, sex, marriage, children and love. We tend to worship the gifts instead of the Giver.

JARED LEE LOUGHNER
I'm alone on this cruise. The opportunity came up, and Husband had to work. Teenager had exams and cheer. I must admit I am quite enjoying my solitude. Keeping a family together and on the right path is hard work. On my cabin TV, I'm hearing bits and pieces of the news back home. There has been a shooting in Arizona. Families are devastated. Sarah Palin is being blamed! Conservative rhetoric is being blamed! I have two responses: 1) "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun" – Barack Obama. He was referring to conservatives, the ones he wants "on the back of the bus," "the enemy," as he also referred to us. Blame him. Blame his rhetoric. 2) The murderer's favorite book was "The Communist Manifesto"! Sarah Palin explains it best – the rampage was the act of a "single, evil man."

GLENN BECK AT HIS 8/28 RALLY
On my first cruise, I'm meeting strangers who will be friends for life. One is Jerry Johnson. I am telling him how grateful I am for Glenn Beck and how he educated me on the progressives' secret agenda of destroying America, how he "outed" the Obama appointee, Communist Van Jones, and all the other scary czars like antigun animal-worshiper Sunstein and Holdren who wants to poison our water to limit population growth, how Beck exposed George Soros as the "Dr. Evil" that he is, trying to crash our economy and take over the world. Jerry brings up Glenn Beck's Mormonism and I start to realize that the god Glenn Beck has been praying to for the healing of our land is not the God I've been praying to. I've had a fuzzy understanding of Mormonism, but, in a quest for truth, I listen to the facts Jerry is sharing with me and decide Beck has the freedom to worship any god he chooses, but he and Mitt Romney cannot accurately call themselves "Christians." I now realize why the 8/28 event had a strange element with the ecumenical lineup Beck brought onstage with him. Praying to "any" god is not what 2 Chronicles 7:14 meant.



I think Glenn Beck should stick to politics.

READ FULL STORY at WorldNetDaily.com

No comments: